On this episode of the Kurz Wind Podcast, Dan Frantz sits down with Klaus Harder, Business Development manager of Freqcon GMBH, the manufacturer of the 20 and 30NM Ultracapacitors for GE turbines.
Some of what we covered:
- Klaus discusses his initial introduction to the industry when he was 15 years old while riding his bicycle near the Germany and Denmark border.
- The origin story of the ultracapacitor at Freqcon (hint: they originally built power converters).
- What is the difference between an Ultracapacitor and a battery?
- Who are the best candidates for the Ultracapacitor technology?
- So, you’re saying I can replace my pitch batteries AND charger cards?
- Are there other applications where this technology can be used?
- What is the difference between the US Wind market and other markets globally?
- Offshore Wind Farm maintenances and helicopters.
- He even personally invites the listeners to fly to German and try his mother’s traditional German food!