In this episode of the Kurz Wind Podcast, we were joined by Tom Ulery of Parker Hannifin. Tom works out of Cleveland, Ohio and is a massive Lebron James and Post Malone fan. Tom has been at Parker for 39 years and currently holds the role of Business Development Manager for Renewables.
Here is what you are going to miss if you don’t listen to this podcast:
- Tom was first introduced to Wind while creating a custom solution for the 750KW Zond Wind Turbines as a specialist within Parker’s Valve Division.
- What are proportional valves and how are they driving the hydraulic pitch systems in turbines like a Vestas V100?
- Gearbox Hoses – what challenges are technicians experiencing in the field and how are they finding solutions?
- What is a Piston Accumulator, and can you use it as a replacement for your GE brake stations?
- What is the difference between hydraulic and electric pitch systems?
- Can we 3D print wind turbine blades?
- A quick shout out to Enel Thunder Ranch!
- An overview on the evolution of Wind in the United States including offshore turbines and technician safety.
- Dare I say… we discussed politics and the great MJ vs. Lebron as the G.O.A.T. debate?!
If you have any feedback at all about this podcast, or have someone in mind that would be an interesting guest, feel free to reach out to email@example.com.