An IEEE841 motor is a Severe Duty motor that is built per standards set forth by IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
Kurz Industrial Solutions stocks most ratings from 5HP to 250HP, in 3600, 1800 and 1200RPM.
Some of the features that these motors are required to meet or exceed to get the IEEE841 rating are:
- A foot flatness tolerance that has a foot pad planity of 0.005 inches maximum.
- A 1.50 degree or less draft angle on all mounting feet.
- Vibration tolerances of 0.08 or better.
- 90 dBA or less sound power
- Zinc plated hardware
- NEMA Premium Efficiency
- Insulation Systems that meet the requirements of NEMA MG. 1, Part 31, Section IV for VFD use on a Variable Frequency Drive.
- Motor drive end and opposite drive end bearing isolators
Many motor manufactures offer 5 year warranties because of their confidence in their design of their IEEE841 labeled motor.
If you’re looking for a severe duty motor that meets or exceeds IEEE841 motor standards and comes with a 5 year warranty contact the inside sales staff at Kurz Industrial Solutions.